Cucumber Yogurt Dill Sauce/Dressing
This is a very versatile recipe. It's fabulous not only as a salad dressing but also as a sauce for chicken and seafood, particularly salmon, and as a topping for baked potatoes. What's more, it's only 10 calories per 2-tablespoon serving, and has just 9 mg of sodium.
Yield: 4 cups
- 3 English cucumbers peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice or fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 bunch fresh dill chopped
- 2 cups yogurt (nonfat plain)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (nonfat)
- In a food processor, puree the cucumbers with vinegar until smooth and thick.
- Pour in a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients, and mix with a whisk until well combined.
- Chill and serve. Store in refrigerator.