Curry Hummus Dip
This Curry Hummus Dip makes a fabulous spread for pitas and sandwiches. And what a difference for your waistline and blood pressure! A schmear has about one-seventh the calories of butter or mayo – and about 20 times less sodium than most store-bought hummus.
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 teaspoon ginger freshly grated
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander ground
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean curry powder (no-salt-added varieties)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves picked and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Pritikin® All-Purpose Seasoning*
- 2 cups garbanzo beans (no salt added) cooked and drained
- In a medium nonstick saucepan, sauté on medium heat for 3 minutes onion, garlic, and tomato.
- Add ginger, cumin, coriander, Caribbean curry powder, thyme, and Pritikin All-Purpose Seasoning. Cook over low heat for 8 minutes. (The consistency should be like paste.)
- Add garbanzo beans and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- While still hot, pour mixture into food processor and puree. Cool.
- Optional: Garnish with sliced apples.