Earl Grey Infused Chocolate Mousse
Yield: 6 half-cup servings
- 2 Earl Grey tea bags
- 2.5 cups soymilk or skim milk hot boiling
- 3 cups Hershey's cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup egg whites whipped until fluffy
- 6 mint (spring fresh) for garnish
Fruit Compote Ingredients
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- tablespoons apple juice concentrate
To make fruit compote:
- Combine all three berries and apple juice concentrate in a small pot on the stove.
- Cook over medium heat until thick, stirring occasionally.
To make mousse:
- Brew tea bags in boiling hot milk for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a dry stainless steel bowl, pour cocoa powder and Splenda. Using a wire whip, mix well.
- Gradually add the hot milk/tea mixture while whipping constantly until mousse mixture is smooth. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the whipped egg whites.
- In each of 6 martini glasses, place 2 tablespoons of fruit compote. Then pour a half-cup of mousse on top.
- Refrigerate and serve cold, garnished with a sprig of fresh mint.