Edamame & Broccoli Dip
This dip is excellent with vegetable sticks, such as carrots, celery, and jicama, or with low-sodium, baked chips. And it’s much kinder to your waistline than many store-bought creamy dips, which tally up a belt-busting 300-plus calories for a half-cup serving. Our dip is just 45 calories.
Yield: 8 half cup servings
- 1 pound Shelled Edamame (soya beans) cooked
- 1 pound broccoli florets over-cooked
- 1/4 cup sour cream, fat-free
- 3 tablespoon onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon basil chopped
- 2 teaspoon Pritikin® All-Purpose Seasoning*
- In a food processor puree beans, broccoli, onion and garlic, puree for 2 minutes.
- Add sour cream, basil, black pepper and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Adjust taste with lemon juice and seasoning.
- Serve with vegetables sticks or whole wheat low sodium chips.
You can purchase Pritikin All-Purpose Seasoning online at the Pritikin Store.