Garbanzo Bean Soup
Yield: 8 people
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock (low-sodium)
- 1/3 cup green bell peppers diced
- 1/2 cup cabbage chopped
- 2 1/2 cups garbanzo beans cooked and drained
- 1 potato peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon basil dried, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- In a large hot stockpot, sauté onions in ¼ cup of broth until softened.
- Add green bell peppers and cabbage. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add garbanzo beans, potato, soy sauce, basil, bay leaves, coriander, cumin, and remaining stock, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove 1 cup garbanzo beans from soup stock and puree; add pureed beans back to soup.
- Remove bay leaves and serve.