Garlic-Roasted Brussels Sprouts
When a platter of these scrumptious Garlic-Roasted Brussels Sprouts are put out in the snack buffet at the Pritikin health resort, they’re gone (not one left!) within five minutes.
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 quarts water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts cleaned and halved, stems and ragged outer leaves removed
- 2 tablespoons garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons Pritikin® All-Purpose Seasoning*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Fill a large stockpot with water and bring to a boil on the stove. Add baking soda, then Brussels sprouts. Turn off the flame and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Drain water. In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with garlic and Pritikin All-Purpose Seasoning.
- Place Brussels sprouts on a large nonstick baking tray and bake at 400 degrees till sprouts brown, about 15 to 25 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice to brown the sprouts evenly. Serve.
* Pritikin All-Purpose Seasoning can be purchased online at the Pritikin Store.