The high heat of the grill adds superb flavor because the sugars in the fruit caramelize over the fire, adding deep rich sweetness. Just make sure your cooking grates are nice and clean. (You certainly don’t want fish flavor from the last batch of salmon you grilled.)
- 1 honeydew melon (ripe)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced (use 2 teaspoons if you're a ginger fan)
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, cut a ripe honeydew melon into 2-inch, skewer-ready cubes.
- Then, in a large bowl, combine one-quarter cup freshly squeezed lemon juice with 1 teaspoon of minced fresh ginger (use 2 teaspoons if you’re a big fan of ginger).
- Add the honeydew cubes to the bowl, toss to coat, and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Thread honeydew cubes onto skewers and grill for about 3 to 4 minutes, till slightly soft and starting to brown.
Serve skewers atop your favorite fat-free sorbet or ice cream. Life is a banquet!