Yield: 12 people
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1.5 green bell peppers chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 cup mixed fresh seasonal vegetables cut in chunks (I use frozen and it worked just fine)
- 2 pounds tofu
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 cups brown rice cooked
- 1 cup tomato puree (low sodium)
- 1/2 cup carrot shredded
- 1/2 cup scallions chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1/4 cup cauliflower
- 1/2 cup red pepper diced
- 3 tablespoons thyme (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In medium pot over medium heat add stock, peppers, onion, tomato and cauliflower & broccoli.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add tofu and seasonings; cook 5 more minutes.
- Stir in rice and tomato puree; continue stirring until mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Serve hot garnished with carrot and scallions.