Lima Bean Soup
Yield: 8 people
- 2 cups Beans (Lima) soaked overnight & rinsed
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups vegetable broth (low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Spring thyme (fresh)
- 1/4 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup dill (fresh) chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley (fresh) chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/4 tablespoon tabasco sauce
- In a large Stockpot heat the wine and sauté Onions, Garlic, Carrots and Celery until tender.
- Add remaining liquids and bring to a boil.
- Add remaining ingredients except fresh herbs and simmer for one hour.
- Add fresh herbs and simmer for 5 minutes.