Healthy Recipe from the Pritikin Cooking School
"Healthy" does not have to mean "blah!" The award-winning chefs at Pritikin are masters at showing people how delicious healthy eating can be.
Complex carbohydrates sources such as whole grains, potatoes, yams, and beans are super stars for our health because they deliver fiber as well as mega amounts of other nutrients. The Pritikin Eating Plan suggests at least 5 servings daily. Start with this delish recipe.
| || |
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
Creamy, mashed potatoes are the perfect side dish to a number of entrees. These spuds are a great way to get fiber and other nutrients from complex carbohydrates, yet when they're loaded with heavy cream it can quickly diminish their value. This winter, try out one of Pritikin's most popular recipes.
- Boil potatoes in large pot of water for about 25 minutes, or until soft.
- While potatoes are boiling, sauté corn kernels for about 5 minutes in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Use a food processor to blend the softened corn kernels until they form a paste-like consistency.
- When potatoes are boiled, bring them to a large mixing bowl and mash with a wire whip.
- Add the corn, hot milk, sour cream and nutmeg if desired. Whisk until potatoes are fluffy and serve right away.