Mashed Potatoes with Caramelized Onions
Why mess up your arteries with all the butter and cream of regular mashed potatoes when you can enjoy the rich piquant flavors of this recipe, and with no added fat. It's a feast for both you and your heart!
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Splenda
- 4 large-sized Idaho potatoes peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, no-salt-added
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream, fat free
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- In a hot nonstick skillet, sauté onions till they are light brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and Splenda. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a stockpot, boil potatoes until they are soft, about 30 minutes. Remove cooked potatoes from water.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients and mix until smooth.