Pasta Pomodoro Sauce
Yield: 7 people
- 2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 pounds tomatoes Roma (fresh) diced
- 1/2`cup garlic sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon red pepper (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon basil chiffonaide
- 1/4 cup parsley picked & chopped
- 42 ounces pasta (whole-wheat, no salt) cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large hot skillet sauté garlic until golden brown.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add oregano, pepper & tomato sauce. Bring to a full boil.
- Add salt, pasta and bring back to a full boil.
- Add herbs mix fully and serve immediately.