Yield: 25 people
- 1 pound spinach (frozen) chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 onion diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic chopped
- 1/2 pound potatoes peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound calabaza peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound taro peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon oregano , dry
- 1/2 pound corn on the cob (frozen corn)
- 3 tablespoon thyme fresh leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 poblano pepper
- 4 quarts vegetable stock (low-sodium)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro (fresh leaves) chopped
- 2 scallions
- In a large stockpot, combine all ingredients except cilantro and scallions.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook for 1 hour.
- Add cilantro and scallions. Simmer for another 20 minutes.