Potato Zucchini Kugel
In Jewish cooking, kugel is a sweet or savory combination of potatoes and other ingredients, often horrifyingly high in artery- and waist-busting ingredients like egg yolks, oils, and salt. Get all the goodness of kugel and be good to your health with our Pritikin Potato Zucchini Kugel.
Yield: 12 people
- 4 potatoes (for baking) uncooked, peeled
- 4 zucchinis large
- 3 onions peeled
- 1 cup egg beaters
- 3 tablespoons garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns ground
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 cup potato starch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In separate bowls, shred potatoes, zucchinis, and onions.
- In a colander, let potato shreddings drain for 5 minutes. Press to release more water and drain for 3 minutes more.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Egg Beaters, garlic, pepper, and paprika. Whip until well combined. Whip in potato starch until fluffy.
- Add zucchinis, potatoes, and onions. Combine.
- Put mixture into Pyrex-style, rectangular baking pan.
- Cook, covered, in oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover and cook for 10 minutes more, or until light brown.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting.