Pritikin Goblin Salad
This recipe is always a hit in our cooking school during the Halloween season. Enjoy it not only as a salad but as a dessert. For dessert, slip it into the freezer just before you sit down for your main course. By dessert time, it’s nicely chilled.
Yield: 10 people
- 5 cups sweet potatoes cooked and diced
- 2 apples diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 ounces sour cream fat free
- .5 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon apple juice concentrate (frozen) undiluted
- .5 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 10 mini plastic pumpkins
- 50 edible eyes
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with mint leaves and fresh raspberries.
- For Goblin appeal, decorate with edible eyes and little plastic pumpkins.
- garnish with mint leaves and fresh raspberries (optional)
* When cooking whole sweet potatoes, pierce their skin several times with a fork and bake at 400 degrees F. until fork tender, about 40 to 50 minutes.