Pritikin Kale Chips
The next time you're in the mood for a crunchy snack, try this delicious, nutrient-rich recipe for Pritikin Kale Chips. With less sodium, fewer calories and a lot earthier flavor than their prepackaged counterparts, these kale chips will big a hit. This recipe works best with flat-leaf varieties of kale, not the curly kind.
Yield: 1 people
- 12 or more kale leaves (flat-leaf )
- Oil spray, like Pam
- seasoning of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use scissors to cut kale leaves into chip-form, about three times the size of a normal potato chip.
- Lay the pieces of kale flat on a nonstick baking sheet. Use more than one sheet if necessary, do not overlap kale pieces.
- Lightly mist kale with oil spray.
- Season with fresh ground pepper and any additional no-salt-added seasoning of your choice. Great options include garlic powder or salt-free Cajun seasoning.
- Bake in over for 10 minutes.
- Allow chips to cool before eating.