Enjoy richly roasted but very-low-calorie-dense pumpkin wedges (only about 35 calories per serving) with this recipe, perfect for just about anything, from a mid-day snack to a side dish star for Thanksgiving Dinner.
Yield: 12 people
- 1 medium-sized pumpkin (about 5 pounds)
- 1 generous pinch cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon frozen apple juice concentrate thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel pumpkin the same way you would peel melons like honeydew. Cut off top and bottom so that pumpkin "stands" steady on your surface. To keep pumpkin from moving, a wet towel underneath is helpful. Then, going from top to bottom with a sharp knife, filet the skin off. Next, cut pumpkin into long wedges. Remove pulp and seeds.
- Season your wedges with cinnamon and apple juice concentrate.
- On a large nonstick baking sheet, bake for 25 minutes or until browned.
- Serve hot.
Look for 100% apple juice concentrate in the frozen food section of your market.