Quick-and-Easy Asparagus and Salmon Pasta
Just put a pot of water on the stove to boil the minute you walk in the door, and you’re practically half-way done! The asparagus and pasta cook in the same water, then all ingredients (only seven in total) end up in a few easy swirls in a skillet.
Yield: 2 people
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 8 ounces pasta ( whole-weat) uncooked (preferably bite-sized pasta like rotini)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic minced
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces salmon filets
- 1 lemon juiced
- black pepper fresh ground
- Remove tough ends from asparagus, and cut asparagus on diagonal into 1-inch pieces.
- Boil asparagus in pasta pot for 1½ to 2 minutes. Lift asparagus from boiling water with large slotted spoon and immerse immediately in cold water. Cook pasta in the same boiling water that cooked the asparagus.
- While the pasta cooks, lightly spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and sauté the garlic and pepper flakes on medium-high heat for 30 seconds. Add the salmon, breaking it down into smaller pieces as it cooks, about 6 to 8 minutes. Then, add cooked pasta, asparagus, lemon juice, and black pepper to taste. Stir to blend. Serve.