Red Rice Pilaf
Yield: 12 people
- 1 pound red rice
- 1 cup Vidalia onion diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1/2 cup garlic minced
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon thyme picked & chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass white only chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns ground
- 2.5 pints water
- In a hot stockpot sauté all ingredients except water.
- When starts to brown add water and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered until rice is soft. May need to add slightly more water to get rice to appropriate softness.
- Remove from heat and let sit covered for 10 minutes more.