Roasted Corn Salad
From the chefs at the Pritikin Longevity Center in New Dehli, India, comes this zesty, no-salt-added Roasted Corn Salad. Easy to make. Enjoy it all through corn-on-the-cob season.
Yield: 4 people
- 3 to 4 ears sweet corn on the cob (Your goal is 2 cups of corn kernels after they have been sliced from cobs).
- 1 white onion sliced
- 2 green bell peppers (or green capsicum peppers), sliced
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 pinches red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- For dressing, combine three ingredients. Mix well.
- For remaining ingredients: Remove stalk/green leaves from corn cobs. Roast corn cobs directly over grill flame until corn is slightly roasted on all sides. Using a sharp knife, remove corn kernels from cobs. Discard cobs.
- In a large bowl, combine corn kernels, onion, green peppers, and tomatoes.
- Pour dressing on top. Toss well. Serve immediately.