Roasted Pepper Gumbo
A wonderful Roasted Pepper Gumbo recipe to serve at your next party.
Yield: 10 people
- 2 red pepper
- 2 gree pepper
- 2 red or yellow peppers roasted
- 1/2 head fennel diced
- 1 leek sliced
- 1/2 cup garlic chopped
- 1 cup okra fresh sliced
- 1/2 chipotle pepper de-seeded & diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 2 tablespoons thyme piced & chopped
- 3 quarts vegetable stock
- 1 pint tomato puree (low sodium)
- 1 teaspoon gumbo file
- 1 teaspoon coriander ground
- 1 teaspoon soy souce, low sodium
- 1.5 teaspoon black peppercorns ground
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Roast peppers, peel & de-seed. Then dice.
- Brown all vegetables in a large hot stockpot.
- Deglaze with tomato sauce and stock.
- Add seasonings, bring to boil and cook for 1½ hours at a simmer.
- Thicken with cornstarch & water mixture.
- Serve hot.