Roasted Sweet Potato Hummus Dip
The next time your stomach starts to grumble before dinner, try out the Pritikin recipe for Roasted Sweet Potato Hummus. This recipe is great because not only is it easy to make, but it's a great way to get some of the Pritikin Eating Plan's recommended five daily servings of complex carbohydrates such as whole grains, yams, beans and potatoes.
Yield: 4 4-ounce servings
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon garlic (fresh) minced
- 1/8 cup parsely (fresh) chopped
- 1/4 bunch dill (fresh) chopped
- 1 cup sweet potato, roasted and peeled
- 1 dash Tabasco
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap a scrubbed, rinsed and sliced sweet potato in aluminum foil and bake for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until soft.
- Allow potato to cool.
- Puree all ingredients together in a food processor.
- Add water if hummus is too thick.
- Serve with sliced vegetables.