Yield: 5 people
- 1 cup polenta dry
- 1 cup milk (fat free)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons onion minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns ground
- 1/3 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch saffron
- Bring water, saffron, garlic, onion, salt, pepper & milk to a boil.
- Slowly whisk in polenta.
- Cook for 20 minutes over low heat. Stirring frequently.
- Pour onto a 2 in baking pan. Cool
- When cold & set cut into slices.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 8 minutes to heat for service.
This recipe appeared in: Pleasures of the Pritikin Table (CD)