Who needs traditional stuffing packed with artery busters like sausage and butter when you can enjoy all the savory richness and warmth of healthy Pritikin Sage Dressing?
Yield: 12 people
- 1 carrot chopped
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage finely chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock (low-sodium)
- 1 cup MARINADE from Citrus-Marinated Turkey Breast* recipe
- 1 pound bread (sprouted whole-grain Ezekiel) diced
- 1 teaspoon oregano (dry)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper (salt-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- In a large nonstick pot on the stove, sauté carrot, celery, onion, and garlic on medium-high heat until glossy.
- Add sage, vegetable stock, and marinade from Citrus-Marinated Turkey Breast recipe. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Add bread, oregano, soy sauce, lemon pepper, and black pepper, stirring over low flame until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Keep warm. Serve with Citrus-Marinated Turkey Breast.
* Click on link for recipe for Citrus-Marinated Turkey Breast . Chef’s note: For more turkey flavor, add 1 to 2 cups of marinade from Citrus-Marinated Turkey Breast instead of vegetable stock. (Total liquid should be 3 cups.)