Salmon with Sweet Chili Sauce
Yield: 2 people
- 2 four-ounce salmon fillets
- 3/4 teaspoon Pritikin® All-Purpose Seasoning - at Pritikin Market (or any zesty no-salt-added seasoning of your choice)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet chili pepper (crushed)
- 1/2 cup water hot
- 2 tablespoons 100% apple juice concentrate (found in freezer sections) thawed
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water cold
- Season salmon fillets with Pritikin All-Purpose Seasoning (Order Online) or any all-purpose, no-salt seasoning of your choice.
- Combine sweet chili pepper (crushed) with hot water and thawed apple juice concentrate. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Using whole-wheat flour, lightly flour salmon fillets, then sear in a nonstick hot skillet on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Pour sweet chili mixture over salmon and lower flame. Flip salmon, cover, and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix 1 teaspoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of cold water till thoroughly combined. When salmon is done, place salmon on dinner plates, leaving chili sauce in the skillet. Stir cornstarch mixture into chili sauce to thicken it. Pour over salmon.