Snow White Poison Apples
Unlike poor Snow White's apple, these Pritikin baked apples are oh-so-good for you, and bursting with tart, sweet flavor!
Yield: 6 people
- 6 apples fuji or Granny Smith
- .25 cup apple juice concentrate undiluted
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 24 edible eyeballs
- 6 plastic spiders
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Core apples to ½ inch of their bottoms. It helps if you have an apple corer. If not, simply use a paring knife. Cut out the stem area first, then the core. Use a spoon to dig out the seeds. Make the incisions about ¾-inch wide.
- In a small bowl, mix apple juice concentrate and vanilla. Pour into cored center of each apple.
- Place a cinnamon stick in the center of each apple. Place apples on nonstick baking sheet and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Decorate with plastic spider and edible eye candies (but don't eat them!)