HEALTHY RECIPE FROM THE PRITIKIN COOKING SCHOOL
"Healthy" does not have to mean "blah!" The award-winning chefs at Pritikin are masters at showing people how delicious healthy eating can be.
The Pritikin Eating Plan is proven in more than 100 peer-reviewed studies to have life-saving benefits like lowering cholesterol and blood pressure. Plus, you aren't losing your mind while losing weight. There's no calorie counting, no hunger. Just plenty of healthy, whole foods deliciously prepared, like this recipe.
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
- Generously spray a large nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onion and garlic until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, green pepper, tomato, and seasonings.
- Cook until tender, stirring frequently, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer potato mixture to a plate.
- Clean and dry the skillet.
- Spray again with olive oil cooking spray and place over medium-high heat.
- Allow the pan to get hot, then pour the egg substitute into the pan.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the egg from the outside into the center until the eggs are almost set.
- Add the potato mixture on top; allow all to heat through, keeping the omelet loose from the pan with the spatula.
- Remove from the stove.
- Cut into quarters and serve.