Spiced Apple Crisp
Yield: 4 half-cup servings
- 5 apples (red or Fuji) peeled, cored, and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice (such as McCormick brand -- a simple blend of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice)
- 1 half lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup wheat crushed shredded
- pinch cinnamon ground
- Combine apples, water, cornstarch, spice, and lemon juice in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix well and place into a microwaveable container.
- Microwave on high for 10 minutes, or until apples are soft and juice is thick and clear.
- Divide among 4 dessert bowls.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon crushed shredded wheat and a sprinkle of cinnamon.