For many of us time-pressed cooks, a recipe with just a few ingredients PLUS great flavor PLUS healthy Pritikin guidelines is, well, culinary heaven. Here is a refreshing and super-simple gourmet dessert (thank you, Chef Anthony!)
Yield: 2 people
- 1 cup strawberries (frozen)
- 2 tablespoons ginger juice (fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 cups ice crushed
- 1/4 cup yogurt (plain, fat-free) (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Keep in the freezer. When ready to serve, simply scoop out servings.
* To make ginger juice, peel and grate several slices of ginger. Squeeze out the juice from the grated pieces into a small bowl. Or, if you prefer, wrap the gratings in cheesecloth before squeezing, and squeeze the juice through the cheesecloth. ** To zest a lemon, use a finer grater, like a Microplane. Simply rub the whole lemon in one direction against the little blades. Turn the lemon as you go so that you remove only the yellow part – the zest. You don’t want the white pith underneath because it’s bitter. The zest adds ZEST – a bright, piquant spark – to every dish.