Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms with Black Bean Salsa
Make a double batch of our lively black bean salsa and enjoy in all sorts of ways, for example, as a topping for green salads, poultry, or fish, or blended with whole-grain rice.
Yield: 12 people
- 1 cup black beans (no salt added) cooked and drained
- 1 cup tomatoes medium-diced
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or dill (fresh) chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper freshly ground
- 12 artichoke bottoms To avoid the tedious task of preparing bottoms from fresh artichokes, look for low-sodium canned and frozen varieties, such as Ruby (canned) and Green Giant (frozen).
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except artichoke bottoms. Toss salsa well until ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Chill salsa. Then, fill each artichoke bottom with salsa. Serve as appetizers.