Stuffed Red Bliss Potatoes
Typical stuffed potatoes and skins are stuffed, literally, with butter and full-fat cheese, tallying up scary amounts of saturated fat, which can stuff our poor arteries with plaque. The Loaded Potato Skins at Chili’s Restaurants, for example, have 35 grams of sat fat. It’s like eating 14 pats of butter. With our recipe, you get 0 grams of sat fat, yet loads of creamy, delicious flavor.
- 12 to 15 potatoes (red bliss)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic chopped
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley chopped
- 3 tablespoons mozzarella cheese (fat-free)
- Boil potatoes till tender, about 10 minutes. Cool. Then scoop out centers of each potato, taking care to leave skins intact. Set centers aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium nonstick skillet on medium-high heat, sauté onion and garlic till turning golden, about 3 minutes. Add crabmeat. Sauté 3 minutes more.
- In a large bowl, combine centers of potatoes, crabmeat mixture, parsley, and cheese. Blend well.
- Use mixture to fill potato skins, forming a pretty peak for each one.
- Place stuffed skins on a nonstick baking sheet, and bake in oven for 10 minutes. Serve.