Sweet Potato & Apple Salad
This recipe is always a hit in our cooking school at Pritikin. Enjoy it not only as a salad but as a dessert. For dessert, slip it into the freezer just before you sit down for your main course. By dessert time, it’s nicely chilled.
Yield: 10 people
- 5 cups sweet potatoes cooked and diced
- 2 cups apples diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 ounces sour cream, fat free
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon apple juice concentrate (frozen)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Optional garnish: Pineapple leaves and sliced fresh strawberries.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with pineapple leaves and sliced fresh strawberries