Sweet Potato Pancakes With Blueberries
Get tons of nutritional goodness plus tons of delish with these Sweet Potato Pancakes With Blueberries.
Yield: 12 4 oz. pancakes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1 cup egg beaters
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 3 tablespoons Splenda
- Light spray Pam
- 1 pint blueberries fresh
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Wash potatoes and pat dry. Poke several times with a fork. Wrap each potato in foil. Place on middle oven rack. Place a baking sheet on rack below potatoes to catch any drippings of natural sugars. Bake until very soft to the touch, about 50 to 60 minutes. (Potatoes can be cooked days in advance.)
- Allow potatoes to cool. Then remove skin.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend potatoes with skim milk, egg beaters, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients (whole wheat flour through Splenda), and mix well.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture bowl. Pour the potato mixture into the center. Using a wire whip, whisk until smooth, using a circular motion.
- Preheat nonstick omelet pan or griddle on medium flame. Lightly spray with Pam.
- Use an ice cream scoop to portion each pancake onto preheated pan or griddle. Sprinkle blueberries on top of each cake.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Flip. Cook another 2 minutes.
These Sweet Potato Pancakes With Blueberries are especially yummy when served with Pritikin Creamy Vanilla Sauce.