Tofu Romesco Style
Yield: 14 people
- 6 pounds tofu (firm)
- 3 red peppers large dice
- 1 yellow peppers large dice
- 2 onions large dice
- 20 cloves garlic cut in large pieces
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns ground
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley picked & chopped
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, saute peppers, onion & garlic.
- When onions are translucent add stock, soy sauce, black pepper & wine.
- Cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Hold sauce for service.
- To serve: sear tofu then add sauce to the skillet.
- Let tofu cook in the sauce for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot