Tofu & Spinach Casserole
Having guests who are vegetarians? They’ll all want the recipe for this earthy, zesty casserole. It's great for parties but also simple enough to whip up for a weeknight dinner. Serve family-style with potatoes or whole grains like quinoa, brown rice, or couscous. It also cooks up nicely in individual nonstick muffin tins – the perfect portable snack or lunch.
Yield: 6 six ounces per serving
- 1 pound tofu (extra-firm water-packed)
- 1 tablespoon Pritikin® All-Purpose Seasoning*
- 1/4 cup onion medium-diced
- 1/4 cup carrots medium-diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper medium-diced
- 1 pound frozen spinach (defrosted and drained)
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano (dry)
- 1/4 teaspoon red crushed pepper flakes
- 1.5 cups tomato juice(low-sodium) (such as Very Veggie Juice from Knudsen)
- 2 tablespoons Veggie Grated Topping, Parmesan Flavor
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drain tofu of water, then dice. Season with all-purpose seasoning.
- On a nonstick baking tray lightly sprayed with Pam, bake diced tofu just until firm, about 10 minutes.
- In a medium nonstick skillet over a medium flame, sauté onions, carrots, and bell peppers to moisten them, about 4 minutes.
- In a large stainless steel mixing bowl, combine baked tofu, sautéed vegetables, and all remaining ingredients except veggie topping. Using a large spoon, mix well.
- Pour casserole into a nonstick casserole dish lightly misted with Pam or an 8 x 13 buffet pan. Shake gently until level. Sprinkle veggie topping on top and bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
* Make your own all-purpose seasoning by blending ingredients such as paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, and dried basil. You can also purchase our chefs' Pritikin All-Purpose Seasoning online. Or call 866.430.3901.