This recipe is by a guest favorite at the Pritikin Center. Pritikin Cooking School Chef, Ernesto Alonso Aguila.
Yield: 4 people
- 2 each tortilla ( Whole-wheat)
- 4 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, shredded (fat-free)
- 4 cup vegetables sliced thin and suteed
- 4 tablespoons sour cream, fat free
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo or no-salt-added salsa (suc as Erico's Salsa)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (optional) chopped
- Heat a griddle or grill over low heat, add tortilla to warm.
- Turn tortilla over and spread cheese all over the bread.
- Spread cooked vegetables on half of the bread only.
- When cheese begins to melt, fold in half to cover the vegetables, use a lifter to press firmly.
- Flip on the other side for 2 minutes and press.
- Cut into four pieces and serve two pieces per person with fat free sour cream and Pico de gallo.