HEALTHY RECIPE FROM THE PRITIKIN COOKING SCHOOL
"Healthy" does not have to mean "blah!" The award-winning chefs at Pritikin are masters at showing people how delicious healthy eating can be.
The Pritikin Eating Plan is proven in more than 100 peer-reviewed studies to have life-saving benefits like lowering cholesterol and blood pressure. Plus, you aren't losing your mind while losing weight. There's no calorie counting, no hunger. Just plenty of healthy, whole foods deliciously prepared, like this recipe.
| || |
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
Slow but oh-so-good cooking. That's what this vegetarian chili’s all about. Want to add leftover shredded roasted chicken or turkey breast? Go right ahead. Poultry- or veggie-style, it’s a wonderful one-pot dish for chilly winter evenings or party nights in front of the T.V.
| Servings|| Prep Time|| Cook Time|
| 12half-cup servings|| 30minutes|| 70minutes|
| Servings|| Prep Time|
| 12half-cup servings|| 30minutes|
- In a large nonstick stockpot, sauté bell peppers, onion, and garlic at medium-high heat until brown, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak So Soya in ½ cup hot water for about 5 minutes. Drain excess liquid. Add So-Soya and Pritikin All Purpose Seasoning to stockpot, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except Veggie Grated Topping and cilantro, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Finish off with Veggie Grated Topping and freshly chopped cilantro. Remove chipotle pepper before serving.
- Serve with whole-wheat, low-sodium pita chips, brown rice, mashed potatoes, or simply by itself.
So Soya is a dehydrated soybean product. It is available in some supermarkets nationwide as well as online at sosoyafoods.com.
Make your own Pritikin All Purpose Seasoning by blending granulated onion, granulated garlic, salt-free lemon pepper, and paprika. You can also purchase our chefs’ Pritikin All Purpose Seasoning in the Pritikin Online Store.
Veggie Grated Topping, Parmesan, is made by Galaxy Nutritional Foods. It's in grocery stores or at www.galaxyfoods.com. Don't go overboard on it because it does have added sodium.