Carrot Ginger Soup
Want a little sweet and spice? Try this colorful, nutritious, and very low in calorie density (just 72 calories per cup) Carrot Ginger Soup. The grated ginger and pineapple add some nifty heat and snap to the sweet carrot puree.
Yield: 10 people
- 2 pounds carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup vidalia onions chopped
- 3/4 cup Idaho potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger fresh, peeled and grated
- 1 cup pineapple fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons garlic fresh, minced
- 1.5 quarts vegetable stock (low-sodium) such as Pritikin Vegetable Stock recipe
- In a stockpot, bring all ingredients to a boil. Lower heat, and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Puree and serve.