Crispy Apple Turnovers
The perfect autumn or winter dessert for both tastebuds and heart! Or make them a summer delight by substituting the Granny Smiths for fresh peaches. Fresh pears work well, too.
Yield: 4 servings
- 6 cups Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup apple juice concentrate
- 3 whole wheat wraps cut into quarters
- corn starch as needed to thicken at the end
- Add apples, concentrate, lemon, cinnamon, and vanilla to skillet and turn on high.
- Cook until the apples are soft but not breaking apart.
- Add the cornstarch until looks like apple pie filling.
- Cool apples and roll in a tortilla.
- Bake until crispy at 350F, about 10 minutes.