Yucatan Egg Wrap
HEALTHY RECIPE FROM THE PRITIKIN COOKING SCHOOL
"Healthy" does not have to mean "blah!" The award-winning chefs at Pritikin are masters at showing people how delicious healthy eating can be.
The Pritikin Eating Plan recommends you eat at least 5 (and preferably many more!) servings of vegetables each day. They're super nutritious. Plus, you'll just naturally eat fewer calories and shed excess weight. This healthy recipe is vegetable-rich.
Yucatan Egg Wrap
| || |
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
These days, it’s easy to pick up breakfast wraps at fast food restaurants and elsewhere, but when you count up the amount of sodium and artery-torturing cholesterol and saturated fat in most of them, you’re basically eating a bacon cheeseburger... for breakfast! For good flavor that’s also good for your heart, take a few minutes to scramble up our savory Yucatan Egg Wrap.
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, sauté vegetables till crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic. Stir to combine.
- Lower heat to medium and add egg whites. Gently scramble and combine with vegetables till eggs are cooked.
- Remove veggie-egg mixture from heat. Shake on Pritikin All-Purpose Seasoning.
- Using a nonstick griddle pan placed over a medium-high flame on the stove, heat one side of tortilla, about 1 minute. While tortilla heats, place veggie-egg mixture in middle of tortilla. If you’d like, add fresh herbs, such as cilantro or Italian parsley.
- Carefully remove tortilla topped with veggies/eggs from heat. To wrap, pull tortilla toward you while rolling it in the opposite direction. Half-way through rolling, flip the sides in, then finish rolling. Slice wrap in half. Enjoy immediately or wrap in foil for a tasty breakfast "to go."
* Make your own all-purpose seasoning by blending ingredients such as paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, and dried basil. You can also purchase our chefs’ Pritikin All-Purpose Season Seasoning in the Online Store. Or call 305-935-7131.