Pomegranate Chocolate Mousse
Yield: 4 people
- 6 ounces Hershey cocoa powder (Unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate glaze (see instructions)
- 2 tablespoons Splenda
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 12 ounces extra firm silken tofu
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pomegranate fresh (seeds and pulp)
- 1/4 cup 100% apple juice concentrate (found in freezer sections of markets)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Combine cocoa powder, pomegranate glaze, Splenda, and hot water in a stainless steel bowl.
- Cook slowly over a hot water bath for 5 minutes, until the mixture is like fudge.
- In a food processor, blend tofu for 1 minute, then add fudge and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Place mixture into piping bag and pipe into serving glasses. Garnish with a strawberry, if desired.
- Bring pomegranate and apple juice concentrate to a boil for 3 minutes.
- Thicken with 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
- Dissolve in 2 tablespoons cold water.