Pritikin Berry Frappe
Here's a refreshing drink for hot summer days, and for a mere 10 calories per 12 ounces. A Pritikin Berry Frappe is much better for your waistline and blood glucose than the 140 calories -- and 10 teaspoons of sugar! -- packed into soft drinks and many juices.
Yield: 6 tall glasses
- 32 ounces water hot
- 6 bags tea (Wild Berry Zinger Tea)
- 1 cup berries (assorted varieties) pureed
- 20 ounces Crystal Bay Sparkling Water, berry flavor
- In a large pitcher filled with the hot water, steep tea.
- Add pureed berries. Stir, then cool.
- Remove tea bags.
- To tea/berry pitcher, add about 4 cups of crushed ice. Blend till frothy.
- Fill 6 tall glasses half-way with ice; pour about 3 ounces of Crystal Bay Sparkling Water into each glass.
- Fill each glass with tea/berry mixture. If desired, garnish with fresh berries. Serve immediately.