This is a very spicy marinade, fantastic with seafood, poultry, and vegetables. It can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Yield: 3 cups
- 1 pound scallions
- 1 pound onions (vidalia)
- 3 Scotch bonnet chili peppers (or 3 habanero chili peppers)
- 1 teaspoon allspice freshly ground
- 1/4 cup garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons thyme fresh leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger (fresh) chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (low-sodiu)
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock (low-sodium) (such as Pritikin recipe)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Rough-chop scallions, onions, and peppers.
- Combine all ingredients and blend in a food processor for 5 minutes.
- Let marinate in refrigerator overnight before using.