Crustless Butternut Cheesecake
This cheesecake is a feast for both palate and heart. A slice of regular cheesecake, like the Original Cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory, is a whopping 710 calories and 29 grams of saturated fat (the sat fat equivalent of three Big Macs!). Our Pritikin Butternut Cheesecake has one-tenth the calories, and 0 grams of saturated fat.
- 1 pound cream cheese fat-free
- 4 ounces cottage cheese fat-free, low-sodium
- 1 package (12 oz) silken tofu
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 1/2 cup roasted butternut squash pureed. See Recipe Notes below.
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, mix cream cheese, cottage cheese, and tofu until very smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites, Splenda, pureed butternut squash, and vanilla with a spoon (not a whisk).
- Add cream cheese mixture to egg white mixture. Blend until smooth. Spoon into 12 ramikens.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a hot water bath. To prepare hot water bath, put your filled ramekins in a larger pan and add enough boiling-hot water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Cool. Then remove cheesecakes from ramekins. Serve, if desired, with a drizzle of Chambord Raspberry Coulis.**
* To roast butternut squash, pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds. In a baking dish, roast (cut sides up) until fork tender, about 40 to 60 minutes. Scoop out 1/2 cup of flesh and puree in food processor. You'll use this pureed 1/2 cup for your cheesecake recipe. The remaining roasted squash can be used to make Two Squash Soup. ** Our chefs' dessert sauce Chambord Raspberry Coulis is divine!