Enjoy these little cuties not only as an appetizer but also blended with pasta, or as savory filler for sandwiches with baby lettuce and sliced cucumbers, pita-style. If desired, top Salmon Balls with a bit of our chefs' Cucumber Yogurt Dill Sauce.* (See Recipe notes.)
Yield: 32 cocktail-size balls
- 1 pound salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic finely chopped
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (whole-wheat, low-sodium)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor, add salmon, garlic, shallot, dill, and egg whites. Pulse until rough chopped.
- Scoop salmon mixture into a medium bowl. Using your hands, blend ingredients well.
- Roll salmon mixture into cocktail-size balls. Then, roll balls in bread crumbs.
- Place on nonstick baking sheet, and bake at 375 degrees for 6 minutes.