10 Worst Palm Oil Foods
Is Palm Oil a Healthy Choice?
No. Palm oil is found in processed foods and used for deep frying foods. Processed and deep-fried foods are definitely in the unhealthy category.
6 Health Benefits of Avoiding Palm Oil Foods
Research shows the following health benefits come from avoiding these foods:
- Better blood sugar balance
- Healthier heart
- Lower cholesterol
- Weight management
- Improved mood
- Less digestive distress
- Consumer effects of front-of-package nutrition labeling: an interdisciplinary meta-analysis. J Acad Market Sci 2020;48:360-383.
- Research advancements in palm oil nutrition. Eur J Lipid Sci Technol 2014 Oct; 116(10): 1301-1315.
- Multiple health and environmental impacts of foods. PNAS 2019 Oct; 116(46):23357-23362.
- Plant-based diets are associated with a lower risk of incident cardiovascular disease, cardiovascular disease mortality, and mortality in a general population of middle-age adults. J Am Heart Assoc 2019; 8:e012865.
- Consumption of ultra-processed foods and health outcomes: a systematic review of epidemiological studies. Nutrition Journal 2020 Aug;19(86).
- Systematic review of palm oil consumption and the risk of cardiovascular disease. PLoS One 2018 Feb; 13(2);e0193533.
- Palm oil consumption increases LDL cholesterol compared with vegetable oil low in saturated fat in a meta-analysis of clinical trials. J Nutr 2015 Jul;145(7):1549-1558.
- Instant noodle consumption is associated with cardiometabolic risk factors among college students in Seoul. Nutr Res Pract 2017 Jun; 11(3):232-239.