Your health and safety remain top of mind at Pritikin. Extensive safety protocols are still in place, which has enabled us to successfully balance guest safety and a positive guest experience throughout the pandemic. This is why guests are coming to Pritikin – guests feel safe here.
COVID 19 Update | October 24, 2021
Over the last 6 weeks, we have seen an over 87% decline in new COVID 19 cases in Florida. The numbers are back to levels experienced in June and early July. Due to the decrease in new cases and the decline in the positive cases per test rate, we are once again able to relax our mask-wearing standards. Effective October 24, 2021, the following standards will be followed:
- Wearing masks when indoors will be recommended but not required.
- Class sizes in the pool, yoga studio, cardio, core studio, and weight training rooms will be expanded to more normal sizes.
- All offsite trips have been reactivated.
- PCR test is still required within 7 days of arrival for all guests.
- Stayover guests will be required to test for the stayover weeks.
We hope that these new measures will improve your experience at Pritikin. Your well-being continues to be a priority for us, and we will continue to monitor the environment to provide a safe and viable program. Should conditions substantially change, Pritikin Management will adjust the safety measures to reflect those changes.
Thank you for your understanding and of course for your continued support of Pritikin. We are nothing without you, our loyal guests.
Michael J. Malo, MBA, CPA | President, Pritikin Longevity Center
Pritikin is an evidence-based program committed to educating you with information about health issues that are important to you. Below is a summary of the latest COVID-19 health research studies and recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
Health is What We’re Experts In
There’s never been a better time to take care of yourself. Guests are coming for a wellness retreat at the Pritikin Longevity Center because they feel safe here. We understand that some guests have health conditions that put them at higher risk for COVID infection complications, and thus are especially concerned about your safety. Extensive measures have been taken to create a wellness retreat for you to escape to, where you can feel safe.
How Pritikin is Making Safety a Priority During the COVID Pandemic
The COVID-19 Protocols at the Pritikin Longevity Center and Spa, in Miami, Florida include:
- All guests submit a negative SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR test for Covid-19 OR a positive SARS-Cov2 antibody test within 7 days of arrival regardless of vaccination status. Guests who do not provide a recent test will be provided one on Sunday at a charge of $115. Guests who are not vaccinated will be required to quarantine until their test results are returned on Monday.
- Guests staying more than one week will be required to be tested weekly the Thursday prior to the following week at a cost of $50 per test.
- Guests who are vaccinated or have antibodies may receive a “Proof of Immunity” wristband at check-in but it is not required to wear during the stay.
- Exercise Equipment Frequently Cleaned
- Intensive Cleaning Procedures
- Hand Sanitizer Dispensers in All Areas
Fully Vaccinated? Science Shows Infection Risk Low
Research shows fully vaccinated adults are at low risk of infection or transmission, even from the highly transmissible Delta variant. A United Kingdom study published in July, in the New England Journal of Medicine, showed Pzifer vaccine protects against the Delta variant. The protection is at a slightly lower percentage: 93.7% against the Alpha variant, and 88% against the Delta variant.
The CDC reported that authorized mRNA vaccines are highly effective protection against hospitalization, and death from variants of concern, including the Delta strain, now predominate in the United States. However, with community transmission occurring, the risk of infection can’t be completely eliminated, making masks a helpful safety tool. Studies show that masks work: researchers analyzed data from countries around the world, in places where policies supported public mask-wearing, there was an approximate 4 fold decrease in mortality.
Committed to Being a Science-based Resource
Here are some resources we’ve created you might find helpful, about whether it is safe to stay in a hotel, or safe to fly. If you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to call one of our informed and friendly Program Advisors.
There’s never been a better time to restart your life with a healthier lifestyle.
“People who come, come back again and again, because what we do works. There is no doubt about the effectiveness of what we do here,” – Michael Malo, President of the Pritikin Longevity Center and Spa.