Medical Resort Or Med Spa?
When people first call us, the first question they often ask is: “What exactly is Pritikin? Are you a medical resort? A med spa? A fat farm? I’m confused.” This article does a nice job clarifying what the Pritikin Longevity Center is, and is not.
- A leading health and wellness destination since 1975.
- “Arguably the most effective diet, exercise, and lifestyle-change program in the world.” London Times
- Credited with not just preventing but reversing conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, and excess weight.
- Set apart from other health resorts by its evidenced-based results, published in more than 100 studies in leading peer-reviewed journals like the New England Journal of Medicine.
- “Where the A-list goes.” Business Week
- The one health resort in America with heart-health education and exercise programs that are covered by Medicare.
Pritikin is not…
- A medical resort, which is often the term used to describe a place to convalesce after a hospital stay.
- A med spa, which usually focuses on beauty treatments like botox.
1 Archives of Internal Medicine, 1991; 151: 1389.
2 Archives of Internal Medicine, 1991; 151: 1389.
3 Metabolism, 2004; 53: 377. Journal of Applied Physiology, 2006; 100: 1657. Atherosclerosis, 2007; 191: 98.
4 Journal of the CardioMetabolic Syndome, 2006; 1: 308. Journal of Applied Physiology, 2006; 100: 1657.
5 Journal of Applied Physiology, 2005; 98: 3.
6 Journal of Applied Physiology, 2005; 98: 3.
7 Archives of Internal Medicine, 1991; 151: 1389.
8 American Journal of Cardiology, 1997; 79: 1112.
Author, Eugenia Killoran