Everything begins in the mind. When we change our minds, we truly can change our lives.
Pritikin guests enjoy small-group workshops as well as one-on-one counseling that can help make your lifestyle commitments stick and enhance overall wellbeing.
Many guests appreciate the workshop entitled “New Goals, New Life, New Mindset.”
Also very popular are workshops on stress hardiness, managing your anger, relieving chronic anxiety, improving your relationships with others, and developing an overall healthy mental outlook, which is a key component in developing a healthy body.
Research has documented the most effective behavioral methods to achieve lasting results. Our lifestyle-change experts have incorporated these methods into our program. You will:
- Discover keys to long-term weight loss and lifestyle change
- Identify relapse triggers
- Learn strategies to cope with high-risk situations
- Learn to break the pattern of self-defeating thoughts
- Improve your belief in your ability to change
- Learn to manage stress
Don’t let personal obstacles hold you back from success. Whether it’s current problems or old deep-seated emotional issues, our psychologist as well as our physicians, dietitians, and exercise coaches, also experts in lifestyle change, can help you work through them, clearing your path to wellness and weight loss.
Learn To Love Exercise
While at the Pritikin Health Resort, you'll begin to weave healthy habits like exercise into the fabric of your daily life. You'll return home with new behaviors and a plan to succeed. Pritikin Adult Fitness Camp
Enhance Your Stay With Additional Behavior Change Services
During your core Pritikin stay, you’ll gain a wealth of tools to help you change unwanted behaviors that may be preventing you from reaching your health and weight-loss goals. However, some guests wish to enhance their stay with additional one-on-one coaching that addresses specific, personal concerns. We therefore offer additional personal services to help you meet your goals.
Call (888) 254-1462, extension 2751 to book your appointment
Stress can make lifestyle changes difficult. Whether you’re experiencing a current stressor, have difficulty coping with ongoing stressors, or are adjusting to a recent diagnosis, we can help you learn new cognitive-behavioral techniques to improve coping and reduce stress.
Strengthen your motivation to change with a motivational enhancement session. Engage in an opportunity to openly discuss mixed feelings about changing your lifestyle that are a normal and expected part of the change process, and attempt to tip the scale in favor of long-term change.
Develop your own customized program to quit smoking. Pritikin is the perfect place to kick the habit; you’re free of familiar triggers that make change difficult. The Pritikin Program will also help reduce the likelihood of weight gain while quitting.
Lifestyle Change Counseling:
Develop and implement your own customized lifestyle-change plan. Learn cognitive-behavioral strategies to think differently, cope with cravings, and change your environment to improve healthy eating.
ICR Session 1:
Initial Intensive Cardiac Rehab session.
ICR Session 2:
Follow up Intensive Cardiac Rehab session.
The All-Inclusive Pritikin Program includes
- Luxurious Accommodations
- Comprehensive Medical Health Evaluation and Fitness Assessment/Monitoring by our board-certified physicians
- Five Nutritious, Gourmet Meals and Snacks Daily
- Customized Fitness Classes led by university-degreed exercise physiologists
- Education Classes taught by internationally renowned physicians, nutritionists, and psychologists
- Healthy Cooking Classes led by Pritikin's award-winning chefs
- Use of all Resort facilities
Two factors set Pritikin apart from other health resorts:
- Its scientifically documented results, published in more than 100 studies in top medical journals like the New England Journal of Medicine; and
- Its education program, which teaches people how to sustain these results when they return home
*Programs are subject to change. We reserve the right to cancel up to 5 days in advance.