Day Fourteen | Enjoy Fruit, Not Juice
- 3-egg-white omelet stuffed with arugula, Swiss chard, and ¼ cup nonfat ricotta cheese, and fired up with red pepper flakes.
- 1 slice whole-wheat toast with 1 tablespoon almond butter (Go easy on the almond butter – or any type of nut butter – if you’re trying to lose weight because they are all dense with calories.)
- 1 cup tea or coffee with 1 tablespoon nonfat milk or soymilk and 1 packet of sugar substitute
- 1 apple
- 1 cup nonfat plain or no-sugar-added yogurt
- Easy Asian-style soup. Combine no-salt-added tomato sauce, chopped onion, minced garlic, bok choy, oyster mushrooms, and bean sprouts, and season with curry, a dash of chili garlic sauce, and 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce. Bring to a boil on stovetop and simmer at moderate heat for about 20 minutes.
- Stir-fry with 4 ounces firm tofu, cubed, and 1 to 1½ cups broccoli and cauliflower florets, spiced with Tabasco sauce to taste.
- 1 cup fresh fruit.
- 1 orange
- 1-ounce serving baked potato chips (Good brand is Kettle Crisps) with ½ cup red pepper dip. For dip, mix together 1/3 cup canned roasted red peppers, 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar in blender.)
- 2 cups mixed salad greens dressed with 1 tablespoon fat-free plain yogurt blended with ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard.
- Elk Chops with Garlic and Sage Crust
- Steamed green beans
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 1 cup spinach mashed potatoes. For 4 servings, thaw one box of frozen spinach and cook in 1 cup nonfat milk with a dash of nutmeg. Meanwhile, boil 2 pounds of potatoes. In a large mixing bowl, mash cooked potatoes with wire whip. Add the spinach/milk mixture, 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream, and ½ teaspoon low-sodium mustard. Mix well. Serves 4.
- Bowl of cherries